Saturday, October 25, 2008

Romantic Vision



This particular piece defines my overall woodburning style! I found myself burning each element completely before moving to the next section---which is not my normal approach.






Instead of precise, even lines this artwork calls for soft curves. Perfection is not as desirable as character in this case.






The Poplar wood is ideal for the delicate tool touches and for the textured background, too. At 17" x 17" it allows for a grand display and could even be used as a table top.


This is the first time I've ever used ONE burning tip for the entire piece. After hours and hours of burning, the final result is stunning! I consider "Medieval Knight Returns" as my masterpiece and it superbly represents my art form.
You can expect more work of this quality from my shop; gourds, boxes and various pieces with a dark, medieval style.




3 comments:

CJ's Woodland Shed said...

very detailed and ornate!

Art By MAR said...

That is amazing! I can't believe the detail. Great work.

Huckleberry Arts said...

WOW Beautiful outstanding work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails