Monday, March 24, 2008

Featuring Prairie Primitives


Meet Tana...a gifted folk artist from California! Tana's wonderful handmade folk art dolls look like they were made by pioneers 100 years ago. Find homespun goodness in her shop
Prairie Primitives





Tana, please tell us about your crafts:

After wholesaling my primitive handstitched samplers in the 1990s, I got a HUGE wholesale order and after I was done with that, I realized that I was just burnt out on samplers. I had made cloth dolls when I was younger, so I got back into making them and they have become more and more primitive over the years!


How about your wonderful materials, Tana:

Vintage textiles, ranging from nubby flannel sheets to scraps of antique quilt and handwoven coverlet, often find their way into my work. I also like to add bits of antique handmade lace and vintage mother-of-pearl buttons to my creations.


You must bring folks alot of joy:)

It makes me happy when my work puts a smile on someone's face. Sometimes this is because a scrap of antique quilt brings back memories of their Mother or Grandmother being a quilter. Other times, the smile may be because they have found just the thing they have been looking for!


Prairie Primitives is part of Old World Shoppes on Etsy; a special group of old-fashioned crafters and artisans that honor the past.



Tana's website is like a 'little shop on the prairie' and you should visit for the garlands and swags!



For further insight, her blog is a pleasure to read.

Readers of this blog may mention code BLOG10 for a 10% discount on all items from Prairie Primitives Etsy shop or website Prairie Primitives Folkart through March 31, 2008. Please wait for a revised invoice for your 10% discount.

4 comments:

UniqueNurseGranny said...

Lovely work and the shop name also.A good and interesting interview and presentation.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Great feature!! I love that old prim stuff, if it's done right--and Tana definitely does it right!!
Smiles, Karen

Gallery Juana said...

Hi Carey, nice feature write-up.
You have some really cool aceos(art cards) in your shop. And the Hog that you have on the workbench is cool.

Prairie Primitives Folk Art said...

Carey, thanks so much for the write-up! I will post a link to this in my blog. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails