Friday, March 21, 2008

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'




Woodburned rolling pins have attracted collectors and gift givers alike to Edge of the Wildwood. Developing this special line of products found me deep in research for food labels and flour mills. So I sent my scavengers out on the hunt for large barrel pins in second-hand stores.



It's such a challenge to decorate a rounded surface and I developed a few skills when it came to the burning of the rolling pins. The color is painted on, then roughed up a bit with sandpaper for an antique appearance.

A light coating with clear finish to seal the paint, and the rolling pins are ready for display!


Would you want to use the rolling pin on food? Well, I tried it and found that flour mixtures just stick to the surface too much and press down into the grooves---so, the cleanup was quite a chore. They're safe, just not recommended.


3 comments:

nanjodogz said...

I love these rolling pins. Your woodwork is amazing!

Heidi said...

Beautiful rolling pins, they would make such a fantastic gift!

GrayEyedScorpio said...

Very cool! Do you do specialty orders, like "Family Kitchen" or logos?

Related Posts with Thumbnails