Saturday, February 07, 2009

Fire! Fire! Fire!



This is a true story...

(some of the names have been changed to protect the innocent)



While folding laundry one day, Marsha was stacking the towels and watching TV like she always does. The living room was a comfortable spot where Marsha could spread out her laundry and enjoy the program. As the towering stacks grew, a few decorative objects were pushed aside to make space. The candle-in-a-jar got too close to the silk-flowers-in-a-container and a sudden blast of crackling flame shot up! Marsha grabbed the burning flower arrangment and headed for the nearest faucet. That would be the bathtub. Through the bedroom. Almost as soon as she turned to move that direction, the fire took over and now big blobs of melted plastic were touching her arms and splattering everywhere! on the coffee table. on the laundry. on the floor. on the furniture. in the bedroom. And if that wasn't bad enough, now the big blooms and leaves of the silk plant are hitting the floor in flames. Marsha does her quick best to stamp on the blazing flowers, but she's wearing his skid free socks with thick soft plastic that is now making her sock stick to the floor. Finally making it to the tub, she tosses the burnt mess into the tub. Melted plastic and fire splat the tub enclosure and the water finally does it trick. Marsha is ok, but very shook up. She still loves candles, just gonna be more careful. When I saw the carnage, I grabbed my camera (of course) and told her I was definately gonna have to blog about this! it's just too good to pass up:)








6 comments:

emmasgemsvintage said...

Oh no! I hope you...er...Marsha is okay! Wow! I'm surprised that hasn't happened to me. I burn candles all the time. Lesson learned!

Randomocity said...

Wow...That could have happened to anyone! At least no one got hurt!

MonikaRose said...

Hello, you are one of the lucky ones...try australia victoria, many lifes and properties lost yesterday saturday 7th feb 09...i am in melbourne :0
MonikaROse

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Quick thinking on her part. at least she didn't let the flames go unchecked while she went looking ofr a fire extinquisher! Better to act than think in certain situations.

Mike said...

Glad to hear that no one was hurt

agoodwitchtoo said...

Poor Marsha ;)

I do love the brick in her bathroom though... lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails