Monday, May 03, 2010

Mill Creek tributary overflow


When I saw the fast moving waters of Mill Creek in downtown Nolensville, hours before any rained had fallen, that we were in for it. I carefully made it to work without incident, and later it took me 1.5 hours to get back home. I only had 11 miles to travel but had to take several detours.






These photos were taken yesterday during the statewide flood event that resulted in 10-12" of rain in 48 hours! The view from my porch in Nolensville shows the violent floodwater runoff




It came roaring thru our yard at a quick pace






All this water passed through what is usually a gentle babbling brook



Many Nolensville residents are not able to return to their homes, and we feel extremely fortunate to have avoided disaster. From what we've seen on the news, Greater Nashville is experiencing massive flooding. I'm thankful to be home and safe.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails