Tuesday, June 22, 2010

the creative spark

I'm sometimes asked "where do you come up with this stuff?" It takes me by surprise when people seem to want to know the source. But, I have to take their thoughts a step farther before I answer. They aren't actually asking for an explanation of the technical work...they just want to know what drives me to do it.



That answer is easy: the creative spark! The complusion to create. I've been blessed with encouragement and approval of my art endeavors from a very early age. "You're an artist" is something that I heard many times over. When others recognize and support a fledgling artist, a wonderful thing happens...creativity is born.




I believe that every human has it within them to be creative. Sometimes a creative spirit is squashed with critisizum, ridicule or frustration. But like a campfire that has burn out...the spark can be rekindled. If you've ever caught yourself saying "I can't draw at all" then I ask you to consider this: you have mastered penmanship, haven't you? Your ability to take pen to paper (even to sign your name) is tapping your creative spark.





Let it grow. Feed it. And before you know it, you'll be hot with ideas, ambition, and vision.






This special post is part of a Blog Carnival from







Visit our group blog to find more stories of inspiration!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails