Friday, December 07, 2012

tree lights to lift your spirits

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is the tree!  I can easily  get lost in fascination at the twinkling lights and trimmings.  And the ornaments can draw my complete attention for long spans of time:)







Our home has a tabletop tree with mini lights and sized-down ornaments.   There are so many benefits of having a smaller tree :  we can move it around, and it only takes a few minutes to decorate!  Besides, my cats leave it alone.  If we had a full sized tree in the house, I don't think they could resist the urge to scale it.




I really love old-fashioned Christmas decorations.  And I can't wait to get the house fully decked out for the holiday!   I know alot of people get stressed about providing gifts, and for me, putting

up Christmas decorations can balance out the hustle and bustle of the shopping activity.




I love to make pomanders with oranges and cloves.  These make sweet gifts that are easy to handout for friends.  Some people like to use the pomander for a tree ornament or it can be used as a room frangrance.

How to make Orange clove pomanders





I also made  my own Advent wreath and  prepared to open my heart to the spirit of the season - it's a wonderful feeling to celebrate the birth of our saviour and to have heart-felt decorations as part of the tradition.


Find out more about Advent Candles

1 comment:

morning cup of coffee said...

What a beautiful post. I don't have my tree up yet, lord willing, it will be up this weekend.

Enjoy the season.

Related Posts with Thumbnails