Saturday, March 16, 2013

Is my cat Norwegian?

I recently caught a glimpse of a Norwegian Forest cat on TV and was surprised how much it resembles my humble house cat, Domino. The fierce mane. The long bushy tail. The tufts of Fur in the ears and Paws. The fluffy coat.

I may be onto something here.

I checked out as much of the breed standards as I could decipher from the descriptions. And it seems to check out.

"The Norwegian Forest Cat is a breed of domestic cat native to Northern Europe. This natural breed is adapted to a very cold climate, with top coat of glossy, long, water-shedding hairs, and a woolly undercoat for insulation. Wikipedia"

Found some great information on the Norwegian Forest Cat Fanciers Association website. http://www.forestcats.net/

Strange that we would acquire such a distinctive breed from a random guy handing out kittens from a cardboard box in a parking lot.

(first image from NFCFA website)
other images with indoor setting are of Domino (aka Bubba). Do you think we have a feline descended from the Great Kingdom of Norway?






1 comment:

Connie Mitan said...

Just wanted to let you know that I've included you in the Liebster Award fun on my blog at this post.
~Sunfire

Related Posts with Thumbnails